Extend the living area of your home by creating a basement for your family.
The basement is the hidden gem of any home. Whether you need more sleeping rooms for members of the family or guests, a play area for small children to have freedom and space, or an entertainment area for that game watching and recreation. Basements are the blank canvas that can be made into whatever your needs are. Also a finished space in the basement is more efficient for your heating and cooling costs as it helps insulate your home.
Things to consider when finishing the basement:
- What type of spaces do I need now and will work in the future as well?
- Will a laundry area be part of the design?
- Will the area be used as a theater room where sound and correct lighting is important?
- How much area will be needed to be kept aside for basic storage?
- Bar area: with or without a sink? Combine with a kitchenette?